Healthy Living Psychology
Joshua is currently away from work - and will be able to reply to any messages from October 23rd.
We are still accepting new client referrals.
We have two office locations - in Kingston ACT, and in Burwood VIC. We are dedicated to providing high quality psychological services to residents in Canberra Melbourne and the surrounding regions. Our psychologists are recognised by Medicare Australia as qualified providers of psychological services.
Our psychologists have training in the assessment and diagnosis of mental illnesses and psychological problems. At Healthy Living Psychology, our psychologists are trained in the delivery of a range of techniques and therapies with demonstrated effectiveness in treating mental health disorders. We have years of experience in delivering individually tailored interventions to address complex clinical psychology problems.
We are passionate about working with clients to understand what is most important to them and assist them towards their own value-filled life.
Life's too short to feel stuck or unfulfilled — so what are the hurdles along your path? Let us help you learn better ways to handle the obstacles that are standing in the way of your goals.
How our Psychologists can help
Your mental health is one of the most important factors affecting the quality of your life, and seeking support from a psychologist is just one more way to look after your emotional and mental wellbeing. However, many people experience unnecessary distress because they delay seeking professional support.
Even minor mental health problems may affect everyday activities such that you may struggle to function – across a number of areas of life. With good mental health you can manage every-day events, face the challenges life throws at you, work towards the goals that are important to you, and function effectively in the way you want.
A Psychologist can help if:
- You feel stuck – have tried to make changes but can’t make any real or lasting progress
- You are often stressed, worried or anxious and this interferes with your enjoyment of life
- You often find yourself procrastinating, and avoiding doing those hard things that you would otherwise really want to get done
- You struggle to find pleasure and find it hard to get motivated
- You want to improve the quality of your romantic relationship
- You’re in a relationship that is suffering from a loss of trust, feelings of frustration, repeated arguments or a lack of intimacy
- You lack self-confidence and this stops you from doing the things you want
- Your life does not have the balance you want it to
- You’re struggling being a parent and find it hard to deal with your child or teenager’s behaviour
- You want to build confidence in your career
So what's holding you back? Let us help you learn better ways to effectively manage the issues that get in the way of your pursuits.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 2007 National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Begg, S., Vos, T., Barker, B., Stevenson, C., Stanley, L., Lopez, A.D. (2007). The burden of disease and injury in Australia 2003. PHE 82. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare